Monday, April 28, 2014

The House of Triplett Aubrey

Since having moved to the Atlanta Metro area over six months ago, I've been really trying hard to stay balanced and not fall into a typical Triplett depression. All the while I feel like my life has taken a sudden leap over a puddle, across the top of two city roofs and over a tight wire as a flock of Starlings swooped by. Luckily, in my ridiculous mind, I've made sure I was wearing a pair of rather flexible, non-distracting plimsolls that have helped me to stay on top of this huge change in life. I may or may not have had an umbrella as well.

Andrew seems to have been making the same crazy leaps and dodges as I have. This may the first time in our twelve year relationship that I feel like we've been balancing together rather than separately. We certainly haven't been going through the same challenges, but settling into Atlanta has been pretty similar for the both of us. It's nice to finally have something that we both share. It's nice to feel like we can relate when often our personalities tend to be so incredibly incompatible. Sometimes I wonder if it will be when I'm 80 years old before I understand why God put us together. There's something that always pulls us despite the fact that we really don't seem like we should belong. It's always been as though God tied a string to keep us attached while Life constantly tries to snap it apart. In the long run, Life is human, Life is mortality. God is everything. God is Life. God is more than Life.

It is in this thought, and the fact that we are now both quite far away from our families, that I have decided to create a blog documenting our new life together as spouses, as cohabitants, as a family and most especially through the trials and triumphs of being best friends.

Love,
Taylor Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment